Exciting upcoming news:
- ArtsVest: We are participating in the ArtsVest Ontario funding program: this means that every new sponsor we bring on, the ArtsVest program will match dollar for dollar! I have been working diligently on this, but could use a hand. Please call me if you know any businesses that may be interested or if you can help with phoning. 705-812-2914
- Magic of Children in the Arts Website: Our new website looks great and now accepts donations. http://magicofchildren.ca/
- Facebook: We now have a facebook page instead of a group page. Please look for us and like our page! https://www.facebook.com/MagicOfChildrenInTheArts?ref=hl
- Commemorative Book: We are putting together a commemorative book highlighting 20 years of the shows. If you would like to help with this project, have photos or would like to contribute a story, please let me know. 705-812-2914
- The Party: We are having a party on the Awards Day. There will be music and special treats to eat. All past participants and sponsors are invited. We are thinking of having cupcakes or fancy cookies made (with our new logo on them).
- Boston Pizza: Boston Pizza has agreed to be a sponsor. They are going to provide 450 loot bags for the kids PLUS a family dinner to a 'best in show' art piece. PLUS they have offered a pizza party at their restaurant- BUT the idea includes us selling tickets to raise money for Magic. Boston Pizza will provide the food, and we get to keep all of the revenue from the ticket sales. Soooo I am thinking of having the Party on Monday March 24 so we can sell dinner tickets at the Awards Reception. $20 each. Would anyone be able to give me a hand organizing this? 705-812-2914.
- The Peak FM: The Peak FM has agreed to be our media partner. I was on the radio in January and will be again in February. PLUS they are going to make public announcements throughout February and highlight the art show in March.
- Georgian Life TV: I am going to be on the Georgian Life TV show on February 19th to promote the show and remind the kids to drop off their artwork.
- Art Workshops: We have been giving free art workshops at the Library on Saturdays January 25- Feb 15 from 1pm-3pm. We have also been going into the schools to do art workshops. The schools have been great this year and are contributing $250 to help pay for the art instructors and prizes. Creemore & Nottawa included!
- Town of Collingwood Grant: We applied to the town of Collingwood Arts & Culture program for the 20th Anniversary extra expenses and have received $3000! Yeah!!
That is it for now. This year is going to fun, but more to do. So please ask a friend to join us as we celebrate 20 years and over 7,000 children creating, exhibiting and celebrating their ART!
Thanks so much, Lory. 705-812-2914 firstname.lastname@example.org